Monday, December 15, 2014

BREATHE, Episode 1 of The Devastation Series

Many of you already know, back in July, I finally landed my dream agent, Terrie Wolf (@AKA_Terrie on Twitter, go follow her, she's a very positive voice). She's terrific, I mean, seriously TERRIFIC. I JUST LOVE HER. She's currently shopping my New Adult Contemporary Romance, SECRETS I KEEP. It's just a matter of time before I get to write a post similar to this one about that title--at least I hope. I have faith in Terrie, she'll find it a wonderful home.

But SECRETS I KEEP, as much as I LOVE it, isn't why I'm posting today.

Today is a BIG BIG BIG day, in the words of Effie Trinket. I have made the decision, with the blessing of my awesome agent, to self-publish my New Adult Science Fiction Romance, BREATHE, Episode 1 of The Devastation Series.

This is the book that started it all. It's had many titles, but for a while now it's been Devastation. I'm an emotional writer, and it just felt right. For short, my critique partners and I call it "D." Well, DEVASTATION is long to write every time I want to refer to it, so D makes it quicker. However, for titling a book, and being able to read it in thumbnail size, it is really LONG, and I'm not really sure a book with the title D on the front would get much traction, so I've renamed it BREATHE. It is the opening episode of this series with several titles to follow.

This book has had many readers, most of them not writers, and just about everyone who has read it has said, it's THE ONE. The book that will put me on the map. BOY I HOPE SO, because I'm getting  ready to jump in with both feet, my arms, legs and everything else you can jump in with. I'll finally see how the masses like it.

I'm as nervous as a fly at a frog convention. However, I'm equally excited. I mean, people will actually get to read it. MY BOOK! They'll get to go to Amazon, Barnes & Noble's website, iTunes, all those places, and download MY BOOK. I hope they will take a few moments to leave a review, so I will know how they like it. Good golly, I pray they connect with Lexa and fall in love with Gabe as much as I have.

I haven't written my acknowledgements page just yet, but I have so many people to thank for helping me with this book. Now I can also thank many for shoring me up and giving me the courage to put it out there into this big cruel world. Each of you encouragers know who you are. Not to worry, you'll be on that acknowledgments page.

If you have NO idea what The Devastation Series is or BREATHE, please take a look at the tabs above. There's one for BREATHE, and in the future there will be one for each of the episodes in the series. It will give you an idea of what's to come. I will post the first couple of chapters in the next day or two, so keep an eye out.

Please consider signing up on my email list (check the right sidebar, there's a short email form). I PROMISE not to spam you with a gagillion emails all  the time. I will just let you know information about my writing, contests, giveaways, advance read copies up for grabs, meet and greet opportunities, and, of course, release dates.

For now, let me leave you with my cover. Please comment below and tell me how you like it.

Yeah, that's Gabe... he's every bit as HOT in the book as he is on the cover. *le sigh*


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kelley! Congratulations on your forthcoming release! I run The Galaxy Express (thegalaxyexpress.net), a blog devoted to sci-fi romance. I'd like to touch base with you about helping to spread the word about your book. My email is sfrgalaxy "at" gmail DOT com. Drop me a line when you get a chance.

    PS Gabe's abs are nice, but "A Science-Fiction Romance" is some great eye candy, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I just realized I didn't reply to you here. I so appreciate you reaching out to me and really look forward to having you feature BREATHE on your blog. I'll be in touch on the 26th with your ARC and Press Release kit.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! I hope you've enjoyed the blog.